Tuesday, August 14, 2007

First day of classes.


Here are some more pictures I thought I would put up for you all to see. Enjoy!

Yeah, I have a starfish on my head!
My roommate, Katie , is amazing. We get along really well! She teaches second grade at the elementary school in town.Drinking coconut water. YUM!

Today was my first day of actual classes. Over all it went very well. I was a little nervous because my first class was the problem class, but I walked in laid out my rules and they didn't give me any problems for the rest of the class period. In fact, all my classes were good. I know that there will be problems, but I know that I can handle them with God's help. Over all, God really blessed me today. I am very enthusiastic about teaching after today, and I really believe that it will be a good year. Most of my students claim they don't like History or at least don't want to admit if if they do, but I am hoping to be able to make my classes fun enough that they will change their minds after this year.

Did I mention already that our enrollment is higher that it has ever been here at PMA? Our freshman class just about doubled first day of school! Now we have so many students, we are having trouble accommodating them all! we are already having to order more text books for most of the classes as well as more desk, since several class rooms don't have enough. We could also use more teachers, which God has already been in the process of solving. We have two individuals who are very interested in coming to Palau to teach. So, God willing we will have two new teachers soon.

well, that is about all I really have to say about today. I will try to get some pictures of the school up soon, however I don't currently have any on my computer.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Awesome! I'm sure you're going to be one of the coolest teachers ever! We'll have to exchange teaching tips after I start teaching, too! Can you believe we're both going to be teachers! Last year we would just sit in the room and chill and talk about classes and teachers . . . this year we will have students talking about us and our classes! Craziness! I miss you, Bekah! I'm praying for you. Oh man! You should check out my blog, life is crazy! But it's all good. God's taking care of things. :)

Pilarcita said...

I'm glad your first day went so well. I'll be praying the rest of the year goes as smoothly and leaves you loving the teaching profession. I know my first year certainly did.

Caren said...

Bekah! Hows it goin? I like reading your blog, but you have to update it! How is Palau?